This June we had the pleasure of coordinating with Queensland Cricket who generously offered the expertise of the QLD Bulls attending various food relief activities in and around Brisbane, to connect with the community.
The team volunteered their time attending community meals, school breakfasts and helping out at the Foodbank warehouse and at several Foodbank charity partners. Activities included…
- School Breakfasts at Cannon Hill SS, Berrinba East SS, and Kingston State College
- Hamper setup and distribution at Annerley Church of Christ
- Wesley Mission Community Meal
- Foodbank warehouse volunteering
- Community Friends street meal & hamper giveaway
- Valley Hearts cooking meals for Ronald McDonald House
Queensland Bulls coach Wade Seccombe said the experience had ‘opened the eyes of the players’.
“Getting such a professional and well-run organisation as Foodbank to set us on the right track meant the players actually exceeded our expectations, and I know the individuals enjoyed having their perspectives broadened and, more importantly, enjoyed helping out other people in their community.”
Without the support of our dedicated volunteer network we would not be able to help vulnerable Queenslanders experiencing food insecurity.