Foodbank Queensland is gearing up for a special day of drought relief hamper packing, to help the farming communities who are doing it tough. The hampers, of largely Australian grown and produced goodies has mostly been donated by generous donors and will help families with some of the staples and much-loved products that every home need.
The hampers are part of an ongoing commitment to helping regional and remote Queenslanders…
In fact, last year it was Queensland farmers who generously donated more than five million kilograms of fresh produce.
- We are hoping two shifts will be available 8am – 11am and 11am – 2pm
- Shifts will start at 8am and 11am sharp
- Volunteers must be able to stand, walk and carry items, with each volunteer expected to walk at least 14 laps of the warehouse floor
- Morning tea, snacks and drinks will be provided
- There will be some visitor parking on site, with ample on street parking available
- Volunteers need to be 15 years or older
- All volunteers must wear fully enclosed shoes (joggers or work boots)
- Safety vests will be provided on the day
Registration has now closed