Commit to a regular day and become an important part of the high-vis fabric of Foodbank. The work is a variety of light warehouse duties, which may include breaking down pallet deliveries, repacking fresh produce, sorting mixed food donation, or labelling donated products.
All this ensures we distribute our food as efficiently as possible. From time to time we also have the need for volunteers with administration skills to assist with a variety of projects.
We provide a clean, safe, friendly and happy work environment and are always seeking friendly positive people to help us cope with the increasing demand from the charities we serve.
What commitment is involved?
We need a commitment from our individual volunteers to take part in a regular three-hour shift. Ideally, this would be on a weekly basis but monthly is also an option. We then include you on our roster and you become a core part of our operational team.
What happens if I’m sick and can’t attend?
We recognise that life doesn’t always go to plan. If you are sick or have another commitment on your rostered day, simply contact us to let us know that you won’t be in and we can plan accordingly.
What age limits apply?
You can start volunteering at Foodbank Queensland from the age of 14 years and nine months old. After you reach the age of 85, we will require additional medical assessments if you wish to continue volunteering. These restrictions are due to public liability and insurance regulations.
What experience do I need?
While no formal experience is needed, all volunteers need:
- Good communications skills
- Good level of physical fitness
- Willingness to learn
- Regular and reliable
- Fluent in English
- A belief in the purpose of the organisation
We supply training and instructions for each volunteer.
How do I volunteer?
It’s easy! Just get in touch with Foodbank team.
VOLUNTEER JOB BOARD
FORKLIFT DRIVER – MORNINGSIDE
- Casual hours, mainly Monday to Wednesday – 7:00am – 11:00am.
- Tasks include loading and unloading trucks and miscellaneous warehouse duties.
- Must have a valid forklift license.
- Electric reach truck experience would be an advantage.
DELIVERY DRIVER – MORNINGSIDE
- Casual and on call. Four hours per day.
- Our fleet includes taughtliners and refrigerated body trucks.
- Must have a valid HR license.
- Forklift license an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Brisbane region an advantage.
How to apply?
Get in touch with the Foodbank team if you can help.